What is microdosing?
Microdosing mushrooms is the act of consuming an unnoticeable amount of a psychedelic mushrooms. Unnoticeable meaning the dose doesn’t create the hallucinogenic effects associated with psychedelics. It is the administration of doses so low that they will not provide a full body effect but high enough for a cellular response and positive change. This, of course, does not mean there are no benefits.
Microdosing psilocybin is reported to have both short term and long term benefits for individuals. Those who incorporate microdosing into their regular wellness routine report higher levels of creativity, more energy, increased focus, and improved relational skills.
Microdosing can have a wide range of benefits; to list a few:
- To increase the frequency and intensity of desirable states, such as; creativity, energy, productivity/focus, and improved relationships/increased empathy.
- To reduce symptoms and frequency of symptoms related to mental illness. Such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, ADHD and addictions.
Research on microdosing mushrooms
There are more and more research being approved for therapeutic use of magic mushrooms at higher doses for treatment of a variety of mental illnesses; that being said, there are now an increasing number of studies being conducted on the impacts and benefits of microdosing.
Eminent psychedelic researchers have found positive effects on mood disorders and anxiety. In fact, The Beckley Foundation is spearheading the push for the legalization of psilocybin mushrooms, backed by long-term positive effects found in their research conducted on treatment-resistant depression patients.
Addictions, such as smoking, can also be overcome with psilocybin. Researchers at Johns Hopkins reported an 80 percent abstinence rate among a group of longtime smokers who took psilocybin as part of their therapy.
Aside from psychological issues, mushrooms have been found to be “comparable to or more efficacious than most conventional medications” in treating cluster headaches. Many people have experienced extended periods of remission after taking them.
How to microdose shrooms
Take a microdose once every three days. For most people, morning is the best time because the beneficial effects will last throughout the day and because nighttime microdosing could interfere with sleep.
Therefore; take a microdose on Day 1. Then do not microdose on Day 2 or Day 3. Then, take another microdose on Day 4.
Taking a dose every day isn’t recommended. Using psychedelics, such as psilocybin, can create a tolerance, therefore you might see diminishing returns. Additionally, the fact that positive effects can often be felt many days after a microdose is a good reason to space out your doses. In other words, microdosing every day is unnecessary because the impacts last for several days already.
Although this is the most popular method for microdosing, there are also other microdosing regimens which you can read about them here.
During this time it’s important to observe and record the effects. Take notes on both short-term, in-the-moment effects, and long-term changes in your mood, energy, and social behavior. Be sure to observe the effects of microdosing on the two days between doses. Many people perceive increased feelings of creativity, and energy the day after they microdose, as well as the day of microdosing.
Ideally, you should follow your usual routine while microdosing as the purpose is to enhance your day-to-day existence by integrating microdose into your routine. However, when you try microdosing for the first time, take a day off from work and social commitments. It will give you a chance to observe and notice any unusual effects before microdosing in a more public situation.
Continue the process of microdosing two times per week for several weeks. Also, you should only microdose for a few weeks to a month then take a break as this also has the potential to impact your tolerance by requiring a higher dose to see the same impacts. It’s best to view microdosing as an occasional advantage, rather than a consistent go-to or requirement.
Best microdosing mushrooms Dosage
As with most of substances, there is no universal dose for microdosing shrooms. A typical mushroom microdose is roughly 100-350mg. However, there are many factors that influence the best dose for a particular individual including body weight, tolerance, and and previous experience with psychedelics.
So, when microdosing psilocybin for the first time it’s important to start smaller (100mg) and monitor the impacts and adjust accordingly.
Buy best shroom microdose
Koya Shrooms offers a wide variety of magic mushrooms products: dried shrooms, edibles such as shroom chocolate bars, although it is usually easier if you use microdose capsules that are specifically designed for this use-case.
Make sure to check out our promotions for the best deals available, and don’t forget to get in touch with us if you are looking for something (such as a special dose capsules) that is not readily available in our product’s list and we will be more than happy to help you.
What is Psilocybin mushrooms?
Psilocybin is the psychoactive chemical in Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms that is responsible for the psychedelic effects. They are also commonly referred to as Magic Mushrooms, Shrooms, etc. You can find out more about them here.
You can easily buy buy Magic Mushrooms from the comfort of your home, sitting at your computer. After a few simple clicks, you can be expecting your mushrooms products in the mail! This process in Canada has never been easier.
Buying psychedelic mushrooms
All you need is to be at least 19 years old with a valid email address.
Paying for Psilocybin Mushrooms
Payment has also never been easier, you have the option of sending money using Interac e-transfer from any Bank in Canada with a few simple clicks. You can alternatively pay with cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin which is even easier, requiring only a qr-code and all the transactions are secure and completely anonymous.
Please refer to our FAQ‘s page for more information.
How to order shrooms Canada?
You can refer to our How to Order Page for a simple step by step guide for buying psychedelic mushrooms.
We also have an extensive FAQ page where you can find an answer to most of your questions.
Best Psilocybin Mushrooms strain
There is not a single best Psilocybin mushroom strain out there, it depends on a large number of factors such as body weight, set and setting, the intended type of trip or experience, and experience level to name a few.
Koya Shrooms carries a large variety of magic mushroom strains, among two of the most popular and best selling Psilocybin mushroom strains are: Penis Envy and Golden Teacher.
Golden Teacher mushrooms are among the most popular strains of Psilocybin mushrooms out there. They are perfect for beginners due to to their mild potency. Highly recommended for first time users, but this does not mean that the psychedelic veterans can’t benefit from it.
Their effects include visual distortions, enhanced colors, lightness or giddiness, and powerful emotions. People also report feeling euphoric, spiritually in-tune, and perceptive when taking Golden Teacher mushrooms.
Golden Teacher trips can often be revelatory, or at least insightful. As suggested by their name, these mushrooms impart powerful lessons that remain even after the experience.
For information about the dosage refer to our shrooms dosage guide.
Penis Envy is among of the strongest cubensis mushrooms out there. For instance, a single gram of Penis Envy Cubensis causes potent effects that could be equal to two or three grams of weaker mushrooms. For this reason, we recommend starting with a lower dose, especially if you’re a beginner. The consciousness-altering effects of a psilocybin mushroom can be overwhelming and spooky for someone with little experience.
This strain is relatively larger when compared to Golden Teacher signaling their potent effects.
For information about the dosage refer to our shrooms dosage guide.
How Long Does Psilocybin Stay in Your System at a glance
- Urine: Up to 24 hours
- Blood: Less than 24 hours
- Hair: Up to 90 days
Psilocybin Mushrooms breakdown
After ingesting hallucinogenic mushrooms, aka Magic Mushrooms, the body breaks them down into their active components, such as psilocybin and its active form, psilocin. These compounds act on the brain to produce changes in perception and behavior.
Psilocin is typically cleared from your system in around 5 hours, but psilocybin takes nearly three times longer, taking up to 15 hours to clear.
Again, this is different for everyone, but it’s unlikely to find any traces of mushrooms in a person’s system after 24 hours.
That said, research shows that in some people, a trace amount can be detected for up to a week.
However, the entire process is relatively quick:
- Changes in emotion, perception, and consciousness can start in as little as 20–30 minutes after ingestion. The changes can last for several hours, depending on numerous factors such as the dose and the individual.
- At the same time, the body begins processing the compounds quickly. The kidneys excrete the compounds, which then leave the body in the urine.
- The half-life of a drug is how long it takes the body to break down or excrete half the total amount a person ingests. With this in mind, the half-life of psilocin is 50 minutes.
- About 66% of the compounds get excreted from the body within 3 hours.
- After 24 hours, the compounds are no longer detectable in the urine.
Factors that affect how long mushrooms stay in your system
You can’t predict exactly how long a drug will stay in your system because no two bodies are exactly alike. There are several facts that affect how long mushrooms stay in your system, most of which are out of your control.
- Dosage: A higher dosage may remain in the body for longer as it takes more time to break down. For more information, refer to this post.
- Potency of the shrooms: More potent mushrooms may have more active compounds, making them last longer in the body. For example, Penis Envy Mushrooms are stronger when compared to the Golden Teacher Strain
- Type of mushrooms: There are a variety of hallucinogenic mushrooms, each with its own composition that may affect how long it stays in the body.
- Personal tolerance level: Taking some compounds regularly or in larger dosages to feel the same effects may increase the time they take to leave a person’s system.
- Preparation method and form: How a person prepares shrooms; for example dried magic mushrooms, shroom chocolate, microdose capsules, or in tea, may affect their potency and subsequent excretion time.
- Any food or drink taken with the mushrooms: Factors that affect digestion, such as eating shrooms with other foods or on an empty stomach, may affect the time it takes for them to leave the body.
- Metabolism: An individual’s metabolism may affect how quickly the compounds leave the body. Several other factors may influence a person’s metabolism, such as age and body composition.
- Disorders in the kidney: A kidney with reduced function may take more time to metabolize and excrete these compounds.
- Age: Younger people tend to have higher metabolisms which will break down the compounds faster
- Overall health: usually healthier people have better metabolism
- Stomach content
- Body size